UCIP is committed to establishing communities so that all people can experience their desired quality of life where choices, relationships, and values are respected and where they have ongoing opportunities for personal growth.
UCIP always welcomes applicants at each of our three locations. Specific openings are generally advertised in the local newspapers but we are happy to accept applications at any time especially for Direct Support Professionals which is the most common position available.
A Direct Support Professional provides support for developmentally disabled individuals either in a group home, day program or community setting. This involves personal care, administering medications, life skills, community activities and other related duties.
Please contact us to explore employment options. We would be happy to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
Crawford County Program Specialist
A full-time Program Specialist position has become available at UCIP’s Crawford County Day Services. This position starts at $14.00 per hour. A Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience working with persons with developmental disabilities. Applicant must be proficient in writing, reading, and computer applications and be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends as needed. Applicants must also pass a pre-employment drug screening and medical examination; have favorable act 33 and 34 clearances, valid driver’s license and receipt of a satisfactory driving record. Benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period.
To apply for this position, please submit a Resume and Letter of Interest to: United Community Independence Programs, Attn: Teresa McCollum, P.O. Box 437, 17999 Cussewago Road, Meadville, PA 16335 or you may stop by the office at the address listed above.
PART-TIME CUSTODIAL POSITION
A part-time custodial position has become available at UCIP’s Crawford Office location. Hours will be 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Monday – Friday, with additional hours as needed. Applicants must also pass a pre-employment drug screening and medical examination; have favorable act 33 and 34 clearances, valid driver’s license and receipt of a satisfactory driving record.
PRIMARY DUTIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using proper practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; restock disposables.
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, trainings, events, etc.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an as needed basis.
- Perform outdoor cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from entrance, walkways, and vehicles; mowing and trimming as needed.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Assist in various maintenance / repairs as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Have ability to lift 50 lbs., pay attention to detail, follow directions, and work with limited supervision.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
To apply for this position, please submit a Resume and Letter of Interest to: Matthew Capron, Maintenance Manager, or apply in person at a United Community Independence Programs, 17999 Cussewago Road, Meadville, PA 16335.
United Community Independence Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.